Each week, WPSN-C members share events, publications, recordings, and other resources on our members-only mailing list. We will be posting highlights from these on a weekly basis. Enjoy!
Upcoming events to mark the 20th anniversary of 1325 organized or co-organized by GNWP (Global Network of Women Peacebuilders):
Further details of the following events are available here.
- Women peacebuilders and first responders define priorities for gender-responsive peacebuilding and COVID-19 recovery in 2020 and beyond: 9:00AM – 10:30AM, October 15th
- Ensuring Feminist and Localized Humanitarian Emergency Response: Where Women, Peace, and Security and Humanitarian Aciton Meet: 8:30AM – 10:00AM, October 19th
- Peacebuilding in a Pandemic: Tracking the Impact of COVID-19 on Women, Peace and Security: 9AM – 10:30AM, October 21st
- 20 Years On: Marking Two Decades of the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda: Learning from Grassroots Women Peacebuilders to Advance the WPS Agenda Beyond 2020: 9AM – 10:30AM, October 26th
Never Go Back: Afghan women’s rights in the unfolding Intra-Afghan talks
- A virtual panel of women’s rights activists that was held October 9th, 2020
This panel of activists and allies will provide an overview of the status of women’s rights in today’s Afghanistan, what is at stake in the current Intra-Afghan talks, and what the international community, including grassroots women’s rights activists, can and should do to support Afghan women. Join us to hear an update from those at the centre of this critical crossroads for the future of women and girls in Afghanistan.
Call for submissions – 1325 Chapter: Thank You UN Book
The UN2020 Campaign and the Feminist and Women’s Movement Action Plan for Beijing + 25 recognize in this 75th anniversary year of the UN the importance of reinforcing and strengthening UN institutions, norms and processes, while increasing its accountability and accessibility to civil society.
What are the UN’s achievements? How has it affected people’s lives? Go to the online Thank You UN book and read the messages people have left.
The Global Network of Women Peacebuilders and Feminist and Women’s Movements Action Plan are coordinating the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 (women, peace and security) chapter in the Thank You UN Book! All contributions must be submitted by October 25, 2020.
To contribute to the chapter, submit your content (written, audio, video or artistic) here.