- January 1st: membership renewal period opens
- February 1st: deadline for nominations to the Steering Committee and deadline for Ombudsperson nominations
- February 22nd: deadline for membership renewals in order to vote/participate in the AGM
- March 1st: Annual general meeting
Steering Committee nominations
At the AGM, we’ll approve the Steering Committee membership for the next year. The terms of reference for Steering Committee members are here.
If you are interested in nominating yourself (or would like to nominate another Network member) as a Steering Committee member for the next year, please email Beth, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st.
Some points to note:
- There is a maximum of 8 SC members. To date, we’ve been able to present a slate to the membership for approval and have not have to hold elections.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Eligibility includes being a member of the Network for a minimum of a year and having attending at least 3 Network meetings (see the Terms of Reference).
- This is a working committee. It meets monthly and conducts business between meetings through email. Steering Committee members are also expected to lead on at least one Network initiative throughout the year.
Current Steering Committee members are Beth Woroniuk (chair), Germaine Basita, Katrina Leclerc, Kristine St-Pierre, Sunitha Bisan, Melissa Mutunda, and Susan Basilli (treasurer).
As well, we hope that the AGM will adopt the proposal for an ombudsperson . Expressions of interest for this voluntary position are also welcome. Please send a ‘letter of interest’ to the Coordinator, outlining why you are interested in the position and how you meet the criteria as described in the proposal.
- Eligibility includes having been a Network member for at least 2 years and attended at least 3 Network meetings/functions in the last year.
- Applicants must be willing to take on the ombudsperson role for a minimum of 2 years.
Further details on the Network’s governance structure can be found in the members area of the website.